Ph.D, Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences, Weizmann Institute of Science (2017) , M.Sc, Physics, Weizmann Institute of Science (2013), B.Sc, Physics, Tel Aviv University (2010)
Most of my research during my PhD focused on improving our understanding of the large scale circulation in the atmosphere, focusing on storm tracks. More recently, I am interested in integrating machine learning and causal inference methods into climate science. One such example that I find particularly interesting, is using machine learning to improve convection parametrization schemes. A machine learning convection scheme has the potential to reduce precipitation and temperature uncertainties in a global warming scenario.
11. Janni Yuval and Paul A. O'Gorman (2020). Stable machine-learning parameterization of subgrid processes for climate modeling at a range of resolutions, Nature communications.
10. Janni Yuval, Paul A. O'Gorman and Chris N. Hill. Use of neural networks for stable, accurate and physically consistent parameterization of subgrid atmospheric processes with good performance at reduced precision, Geophysical Research Letters (in press).
9. Paul A. O'Gorman, Ziwei Li, William R. Boos and Janni Yuval. Response of extreme precipitation to climate warming in quasi-global aquaplanet simulations at high resolution (in press)
8. Boaz Barak*, Mor Nitzan*, Neta Ravid Tannenbaum* and Janni Yuval* (all authors contributed equally). Optimizing testing policies for detecting COVID-19 outbreaks, (submitted).
7. Eldad Elnekave, Noa Dagan, Morton Leibowitz, Janni Yuval, Eitan Bachmat, Nadav Davidovitch and Ran Balicer Improving cardiovascular disease prediction using automated coronary artery calcium scoring from existing chest CTs, (submitted).
6. Janni Yuval and Yohai Kaspi (2020). Eddy Activity Response to Global Warming-Like Temperature Changes, Journal of Climate.
5. Janni Yuval, Hilla Afargan and Yohai Kaspi (2018). The Relation Between the Seasonal Changes in Jet Characteristics and the Pacific Midwinter Minimum in Eddy Activity, Geophysical Research Letters.
4. Janni Yuval and Yohai Kaspi (2018). Eddy Sensitivity to Jet Characteristics, Journal of the Atmospheric Science
3. Janni Yuval and Yohai Kaspi (2017). The Effect of Vertical Baroclinicity Concentration on Atmospheric Macroturbulence Scaling Relations, Journal of the Atmospheric Science
2. Janni Yuval and Yohai Kaspi (2016). Eddy Activity Sensitivity to Changes in the Vertical Structure of Baroclinicity, Journal of the Atmospheric Science
1. Janni Yuval and Samuel A. Safran (2013). Dynamics of Elastic Interactions in Soft and Biological Matter', Physical Review E